Pontiac Repair/01 Pontiac Montana 3.4

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer. I have an 01 Montana van that suddenly ran hot I immediately pulled over and had it taken to a garage I had the intake gasket and head gaskets replaced and the radiator flushed got it back it ran fine.a week or so later it ran hot I was told the water pump was bad had it replaced and it did fine after about two weeks I took it out of town. The trip was at least four hundred miles round trip and drove it all in one day ( it was a very hot day). After returning home it set for a couple or three hours I drove it less than ten miles and and it ran hot was told it was the thermostat had it replaced and it ran fine for around 100 miles and starting heating up again. What could be the issue now I hate to put more money in it but can't get anything out of it like it is so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi pollie.
chances are this has a bad bead gasket. what happens with these is the intake manifold gaskets leak and the engine runs hot over and over again before it over heats the increased temps take a toll on the head gaskets and they eventually go bad and that is when it over heated on you. sorry for the bad news but I see it happen on these engines all the time.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories