Pontiac Repair/1996 Pontiac grand Prix 3100

Question
My 1996 Grand Prix Pontiac has very little get up and go going up any incline. I have changed the TPS sensor for the temperature control sensor on it and it keeps still sputtering as I go up a hill. Do you have any idea what it could be? It has had new spark plugs and coil pack and wires put on it about 6 months ago

Answer
Hi Tina.

is there any service engine soon light coming on and or flashing? if so stop by a big box auto parts store and get the car scanned for codes.  if there is a code set it could pint the finger towards the issue. if it's spitting and sputtering like it's not running on all 6 cylinders I would suspect a bad set of plug wires or a cracked spark plug? when was the fuel filter last changed? with out seeing it it's hard to say but seems like you covered the basics. if it just misfires under a load I would suspect a plug or wire. just because you just changed them doesn't mean you don'r have a bad set of wires or a bad spark plug/

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio