Pontiac Repair/2002 grand am passenger headlight shuts off

Question
My headlight on the passengers side will randomly go out. When it does i usually just smack it and it turns on again. Now it did but the lights clearly much dimmer then the other. What could cause either of thease to happen?

Answer
hi there.

sounds like you have a wiring harness issue. the day time running. there are multiple splices in the forward lamp harness on that car. chances are that one or more of the splices have a corrosion issue. moisture enters the harness and the splices corrode and you have a bad connection that is why one light is dimmer then the other due to high resistance from a bad connetion/corrosion.  the harness is going to have to be unwrapped from it's protetive cover and the splices checked in the harness for damge. good luck :-}

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio