Pontiac Repair/Air comprecompressor

Question
Can I use the air compressor off of a 1999 venture for a 2001 pontiac montana.they are very similar vehicles. If so, when I take it off will it regain it's pressure on once on the other vehicle.

Answer
Hi there,
I can't be of much help to you I'm not a parts guy so I have no Idea if the same part # fits both year vans. yes they are the same "Body" but 3 model years can make a big difference.  the system needs to be drained and refilled by a qualified technician. if you open a line you will be sort due to the pressure in the system.  it needs to be "evacuated"  properly and proper oil balance is curtail. meaning what you drain out of the old compressor needs to be put back into the system before it's recharged. if there is too much oil it will not cool if not enough you will damage the new compressor. it's really not a do it your self type of job. if you insist on trying it your self goto a site like rock auto and put in the 1999 van and the 2001 van and see if the part # is the same for both. good luck. :-}

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio