Pontiac Repair/key stuck in ignition

My 2001 Pontiac grand am se 2.4 twin cam will crank over but will not start. I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and it has a full tank of gas. Aftwr I changed all of the above my car ran for five days I drove it shut it off when I stopped got back in to start it and it wouldn't start. I pushed the car to a better spot and tried to take the key out of the ignition and it won't turn all the way to off and I can't get the key out. No lights come on and I cant use the door lock.

Hi Chelsea.
sounds like you have more then one issue here. maybe a battery/battery cable issue that is why it will not crank or the key come out and the door locks do not work etc. as for the other crank but doesn't start. that engine was noted for ignition system issues a lot of times that have bad crank shaft position sensor issues that cause no spark and no injector pulse (fuel) deliver into the engines. with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories