Pontiac Repair/Pontiac grand am 04

QUESTION: Car won't start and fuel is getting into my air filter.

ANSWER: Hi there.
Raw fuel into the snorkel and air filter??? sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is ruptured and filling the intake manifold up with fuel and it's running back into the snorkel.. with out seeing it that is my best guess. you will need to get that replaced and then the spark plugs take out and replaced or cleaned and it should start once the fuel evaporates. Good luck :-}

QUESTION: Ok that was a great idea it's not leaking gas into air filter but she still isn't turning over. We have air we have fuel and we have spark. We are at a loss. Please help

it will not crank over and or the start doesn't even click? if the start clicks but the engine doesn't turn over it's quite possible that the engine is hydro locked with fuel. where did the fuel in the air filter come from. when I say hydo locked I mean if a cylinder is full of gas it will not compress and the engine will not turn over. remove the soark plugs and try to turn the engine over by the crank shaft balancer bolt.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories