Pontiac Repair/Scytek alarm trouble

I have a 2004 Grand Prix and had the scytek g20 installed about a year ago. All of the sudden I'm randomly unable to unlock the doors with key fob or manually with the key. The only way in is thru the trunk which is extremely difficult. How do I resolve this ASAP!!

Hi Alexis:

well as far as the aftermarket remote control door lock alarm system I have no clue never even heard of that brand before. take it back to where ever you got it installed to get that taken care of. As far as the key not working you need to have the door lock cylinder in the drivers door replaced it's seized up spraying a lubricant in it like a wd40 is only a temporary fix it will happen again. get the cylinder replaced.

good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories