Pontiac Repair/93 Pontiac Trans Sport fuel pump won't stay on

I turn the key to start position an fuel pump only primes for one second, so im not getting enough fuel to engine. Engine starts and idles but soon dies. Fuel pump not running when car runs.
Fuel pump fuse is good. (I replaced fuel pump and fuel filter and fuel pump relay and fuel regulator an Mass air flow sensor and Throttle position sensor,and oil pressure sensor/fuel cut off sensor.) I also hard wired ground on fuel pump harness to ground and cleaned ground wires bolted to engine and cleaned other ground wires i found under there. I checked for cracks in coils and ignition control Module,there are non. I also blew thru the the gas line from fuel filter with fuel regulator disconnected, there are no restrictions.
But fuel pump only primes for 1 second then stops, car starts an runs smooth on idle for a minute then dies. I dies quicker if you try to throttle up. What am i missing ?

take a look at the fuel pump replay that could be your issue. on those older ones they had 2 separate ways to run the pump a prime ckt and then the ecm keeps the pump relay grounded. if not the relay possibly a bad fuse or fuseable link to the pump relay. those one vans had fuseable links at the starter motor and it's possible one of those burned up if the old pump was drawing too much current.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories