Pontiac Repair/93 Pontiac Transport

I have 93 Pontiac Transport that won't start. It always started before even in the worse of whether. The car was running fine just yesterday, an today it won't start.  Three days ago i replaced the fuel pump because the old one sounded week, i opened the fuel line an gas sprays all over, so i'm sure it's not a fuel problem. IT worked then sat for one night then won't start. Can you give me any pointers on what to do ?

hi peter in order for it to run it needs 3 things ignition (spark) fuel both volume and injectors to spray and compression in the engine. you need to narrow down what it's missing.  pul 2 sprak plug wires off and the coils and see if someone cranks the engine over you should see the spark jump across the coil towers if you missing it on one coil try another if it's missing it on all the coils it's possible it has a crank sensor issue that is what tells the engine computer to spray the injectors and the module to turn the coils on and off. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories