Pontiac Repair/A/C Port

I am trying to locate the A/C port on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT.  I found one in the front of the engine, but I do not believe this is for the A/C as the hose for the refrigerant will not snap on it.  Can you tell me where it is?

Hi there. I'm not sure which one you found the Hi or Low side port. The low side port is on the larger of the 2 metal lines maybe by the compressor you found the one. depends on which engine this has the GT could have a Quad dual OHC engine 4 cylinder of the 3400 V6. the other port is along the inner fender well. look where the 2 lines come out of the fire wall and follow them alonf to the front of the car you will see the other por on the line there. My guess if you found the Lo side port the Hi side is on the smaller of the 2 lines. If your trying to recharge the system your self you want to do it on the LO side port. the hose kit that comes in the kit will on go on the low side port. and make sure what ver your using it is not and a/c charge WITH sealer in the can.  you just want a basic R134A recharge kit if it says it has tracer dye in it that is ok nothing with a sealer in it!

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories