Pontiac Repair/09 Pontiac g6 stalls And shuts off while on drive

I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 my car wasn't turning on. Went to Sears and they said my alternator was draining the battery. Battery terminal was leaking. Bought a new battery problem stopped. Two weeks ago the car stalled on drive. Charger park light went on. I was able to turn car back on. Replaced the alternator and today while driving within two toddlers in the car the car stalled out on me again. Radio worked ac worked but the engine light was flashing, so was the charger park on the radio and speedometer read error. Car will not start up again with a jump start and eventually had it towed. Any suggestion why the problem? All wiring were grounded and battery seemed good.

weel you have a few issues here the radio is the least of your problems. it has an internal issue with the cd play in the radio. nothing to do with the stalling/no crank. the radio needs to be replaced. the cd play probably will not work but the radio will and you will get that message when you start the car or and or turn it off.

no for the no start no crank issue. it needs a negative battery cable the cable is broken off where is attaches to the engine.  Just as an FYI it's been a reall,really long times since I have seen a alternator cause a battery drain. the problem all along has been the battery cable more then likely has had high resistance in it before it broke causing a charging issue.  
on a side not take your car to the professinals to get it fixed everyone likes to steer clear from the dealer but they know your vehicle better then anyone else Sears/Mavis, Midas, cole muffler/ Pep boys are filled with guys have don't have a clue!

Best of luck and I'm 100% sure the root of the evil you  have going on here is the negative battery cable  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories