Pontiac Repair/Daytime Running Lights

How do you enable the daytime running lights on a Pontiac G6 GXP 2 door coupe. 3.6L engine. I need to have them on when the Master Headlight Switch is set to OFF. This is a US built vehicle that we purchased and imported into Canada. Thank you so much.

Hi Jill being that it's an American built car it should have DRL. Well most of tem do at least around where I live in Ny state it's a standard option on pretty mush all GM cars. I have no idea what would have been changed on it to have it imported to CA considering you guys need DRL's on all your cars as well.  stop by one of the big box auto parts stores and have tjem scna the car for codes it may have some sort of a code in the body control module and that is inibiting the DRL's from working...  with out seeing It I can't really help you on this one they should work and if some one defested the option it I'm not sure why or what they would have done.  on;ly thing I can think of is in the Body control module if it doesn't have nay codes in it the set up of that module the us/Canada option may have been turned on or off and that may have changed the drl option on the car. it can only be changed with a GM scan tool at the dealer.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories