Poodles/sleepy miniature poodle

Question
I have a black miniature poodle who is roughly 2 years old (he was adopted). We don't have any trouble with him except that he seems to sleep all the time, like a cat. In the morning, he will wake up eagerly for his breakfast and his bathroom break, then return to bed, sometimes for a couple more hours. At night, he tires around 8pm.

During the day, he loves nothing more than to curl up on someone's lap and snuggle- but it feels a lot like he is just constantly napping. If you ask him if he wants to go outside, he usually jumps at the chance, and is high-spirited once out doors, and he loves playing with toys, but unless a human is actively engaging him, he snoozes. Is this normal? It doesn't bother us, but we want to make sure nothing is wrong because he seems to sleep an uncommon amount.

Thanks!

Answer
Hello Marika,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I have been very busy with a new job and haven't been on the computer for awhile.  
I wouldn't say this is normal for most Miniature Poodles, but it may be more normal for him.  All Poodles are NOT created equal.  Some tend to be very hyper and can't settle down, while some need a prompting to get up and move.  Poodles tend to be one of those dogs who will adapt themselves to their owners lifestyle; If you are more active, then they tend to be and if you are more of a couch potato, then they tend to be also.  
I know with my Poodles, I used to be more active with them and they were very active, Now I am not as active, and they have become less active as well.  
If you see him acting different from what is normal for him, you might think about taking him to the Vet, and actually, an Annual Vet Visit wouldn't hurt anyway, just to see that things are the way they are suppose to be.  

If you have other questions about this, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks for using AllExperts.com,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate