Poodles/My Dog Won't Let Us Trim Her Nails!

Question
My dog has 2inch long nails and we KNOW its really bad! im sure it hurts her but she wont let us trim them! she has been so aggressive that the pet place wont let her return to get a hair cut, or her nails cut! we have tried all different kinds of trimmers and she still wont let us! im starting to give up and my parents are trying to get rid of her if she doesnt stop! its not just nails but she gets HUGE mats in her fur! shes a nonshed dog though!i dont understand at all. she was nice as a young puppy and we trained her well! she was my little angel and now she is a terror to my family or any friends that enter the house. she is a really small dog but bites/snaps out of nowhere. pple think because shes so small that she cannot hurt you, but she has bitten my cousin so badly that he had to go to the emergency room! yes, she has had her shots. but im giving up, and my parents are tying to force me to give her away! please respond soon! (by the way this is alex from before, but u may have forgotten me)

Answer
Hello,
For your dog, if she acts the way you described, you will most likely need to take her to the Vet to have her trimmed, and they will need to give her a shot to put her under.  

The other thing you need to do is to contact a Trainer that can help you figure your dog out.  I can only help so much, but it sounds like you need hands-on help with someone that can be there to help you deal with your dogs issues.  
I am sure she was great as a puppy, but as she got older she found ways to get what she wanted from you, such as nipping or growling, and now she isn't afraid of you, but rather its you who are afraid of her.  
Someone needs to help you become unafraid of her so that they can put her in her place and help you put her in that place also.  

Contact some Dog Trainers in your area and see if they can put you in touch with a Dog Behaviorist, that can come to your house and work with you one-on-one.  That will be best for you and for your dog.  I can tell you that she won't get better or nicer if you do nothing.  She will only get worse.  

I hate to have to be the one to tell you this, but it sounds like your dog is to the stage where she needs a professional to come and help the both of you re-estabolish the dominate role in the household.  

I hope this helps you.  I sincerely hope that you don't have to give your girl up, but at the same time, I hope you are able to get the help that she needs.  

If you have other questions, please feel free to write me,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate