Poodles/Poodle Constipation

I am out of town with my 6/7 pound toy poodle. She is constipated and do not know what to give her. She went yesterday to the bathroom. Her little stomach is a little swollen. Thank you

Hello Marti,
Canned Pumpkin works great for dogs with constipation.  For a dog her size, I would give her about 1 1/2 tablespoons with her food or 2 x a day.  Dogs usually love pumpkin and it helps move things through.  Also, although normally Milk isnt advised for dogs because they are lactose intolerant, you can give her 2-3 teaspoons, 3 times a day until you see her have a bowel movement.  
Taking her out for extra walks will also help move things along better, so see if you can add a couple extra trips around the block to get things moving.  

I hope this helps you some.  If you have other questions for me, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.