Poodles/toy poodle

Question
my toy poodle has an enlargment under skin beside penis sticks out like enlarge penis but is not attached or blocking penis vet has treated with antbioticts and inflametories for a week did nothing  It is not stopping him from urinating nor has he slowed down any he actually has gained 1 lb 10 oz in the week . they want to do a biopsie but im afraid at 13 years old it will cause too much strain on him he has never been penned up nor been seperated he has problems staying all day to get his hair cut  could this be something else besides cancer

Answer
Hello Laura,
Without being able to see your dog, or at least the enlargement you are talking about, I can only guesstimate and give suggestions.  Have you noticed that the mass has gotten larger from when you discovered it.  If so, what is the rate of growth?  If it seems that it has grown considerably from when you found it or seems to be growing fast then it would be best to get the biopsy done, so that they can figure out what it is.  If its not growing, or seems to be growing very slowly, then you may want to further discuss the procedure and the biopsy with your Vet.  Find out if you can be there for the biopsy and can they just give a local anesthesia rather than keeping the dog all day and putting the dog under.  
Even if it isn't cancer, your vet will want to know what it is so they can choose the best treatment options.  
You can also get another Vets opinion and see what they think, if you are unsure about what your current Vet thinks.  

I hope this helps ease your mind about your dog and answers your question.  If you have other questions about this, or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks for using AllExperts.com,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate