Poodles/White mini poodle changing color

Debra wrote at 2013-05-28 17:50:46
My Standard 6 year Male Poodle started the same thing.  At first he looked dirty on his back from playing with other dogs.  When we washed him and it wasn't dirt.  We even put the bluing on him we use to whitening his white but his hair looks apricot which he is covered over half his back and the hair seems stiff plus he has  one small plum size circle with no hair.  I researched and read that 50% of poodles can get this disease called Sebaceous adenitis and I am betting that is what my boy has.  He is going to the vet for verification.

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.