Poodles/red poodle

my dogs fur has faded also and my question was will his color ever come back or is it gone forever?

Hello Michelle,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I usually check my mail everyday, but I have some things going on with my own dog.  

Due to the fact that Red, Apricot, Cream, Brown, Silver, and almost any other color other than Black is typically mixed with White, it means that it has the Fading gene from the White and that the color will fade some.  You didn't say how old your dog is, but he shouldn't continue to fade heavily for much longer.  He will fade as he ages, due to the hair losing its pigment, but he should retain some of his Red coloring.  There is not really much you can do to get the color to come back.  There are some coat conditioning oils you can use to help brighten the color (such as Proclaim Glossing Polish spray, I get it at Sally's Beauty Supply) and also some shampoos that are specifically for Red coats (type in your browser "shampoo for red coat dogs") but they only brighten the coat, not make it darker.  
If you want to send me a picture, I may be able to give you an idea of how light he can possibly get.  Also let me know how old your guy is.  

Thanks and I hope this helps you some.  If you have other questions for me, please feel free to ask.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.