Poodles/ear plucking standard poodle

Thank you. Our poodle is 2 1/2 yrs. do you know if anyone has used a small epilator to pluck ear hair? Thanks again.

Hello Richard,
I have never heard of anyone using an Epilator to pluck the ear hair out of the ear canal.  I would think that the head of the epilator wouldn't be big enough to fit as far into the canal as you need to get to get all the hair.  Plus, ear hair contains wax and debris that would clog up the epilator.  Some of the hair grows deep down and its that hair that catches the wax and debris that can cause ear infections.  
The best way to get the hair out of the ear is to use a pair of hemostats and some ear powder to help you grip and remove the hair.  The ear powder has a resin grip that helps your fingers grab the hair and hold on to it so you can pull it out.  R-7 ear powder by Gimborn is a really good gripping powder to help.  You can find it at:  

Give this a try to see if it helps you out.  If you have other questions for me, please feel free to ask me.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.