Poodles/toy poodle

Question
My toy poodle is almost 2 yrs old. Today i noticed she seems to be having a hard time going pee..She squats for the longest time. I'm not sure if she's going each time i can't tell the grass covers her up,but she doesn't usually squat that long. She seems fine but i'm a little concerned. Karen

Answer
Hello Karen,
Sorry it took a little while to get back to you.  Sounds like your girl could have a little bladder infection or even some proteins in her urine and that makes it more difficult to go.  If she isn't over this yet, I would schedule a Vet check to make sure there isn't anything more serious going on and to get her on some antibiotics.  
Do you notice her going more often or just taking longer to go?  I would try to get her to go somewhere where you can see what her urine looks like so you can tell if its thick, if there is anything in it (like protein strands) or if its dark colored.  
If you can see it and there is none of these signs, then she should be ok.  Do make sure you offer her plenty of water to drink and that she is drinking good.  

I hope this helps you some and that your girl is doing ok.  Again, sorry for taking so long to answer.  

If you have other questions about this or other questions in general about Poodles, please feel free to ask.  (I usually answer within the first day).

Thanks for using AllExperts.com.
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate