Poodles/poodle color?

Question
Hi!
I have a rescue toy ?poodle? Silver and white--A wide white mane and chest. Vets and show people (yes, we are training and showing in agility--and doing very well!) all believe she is pure poodle. I have read that the white collar proves she isn't, not parti or otherwise. Doesn't really matter, think I'll keep her anyway (HA!) but it would be fun to know. My husband even wants to get her DNA identified. Would love to hear your thoughts...
Lucie and diane

Answer
Hello Diane,
There are many variations of color in the Poodle world these days.  The color pattern you are describing sounds to me like a Tuxedo color, where the body is either solid colored or Parti, and the chest to down under the stomach, sometimes including the legs and sometimes not, is white.  Look up "Tuxedo Colored Poodles" in your Browser or go to http://www.multicoloredpoodleclubofamerica.org/color.htm#Tuxedo_Markings to find out more information and pictures of Tuxedo colored Poodles.

You can do the DNA test kit if you want to, but chances are good that your dog is a purebred and a Tuxedo at that.  

You can send me a Picture of your Girl if you would like me to look her over.  My e-mail is MsTopkdog@yahoo.com

I hope this helps you some.  If you have other questions or comments about this or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask me.

Kim  

Poodles

Kim Wingate