Poodles/Small poodles

My poople is about 6 years old she got pregnant in August.  She miscarried this weekend one puppy.  She is still pregnant.  What happens now and what should I do.  I think she might be still in labor, but nothing has happened as of yet.

Hello Cynthia,
I believe that you should really take your dog to the Vet to make sure there are no other puppies in there and that she is out of labor.  Your Vet can take ultrasounds to make sure she had all the puppies.  This needs to happen so that your dog doesn't retain a puppy.  If this happens, it could put your dog in danger of health problems.  
Even though she is still big and still showing signs of labor, she needs to be seen.  
I hope this helps her and you.  
Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.