Poodles/toy poodle constipated

Hi I bought a toy poodle 2 days ago and now she is constipated. She is 6 1/2 weeks old. Thankyou

Hello Cheryl,
If your pup is constipated, you can feed your pup some Boiled Chicken and Rice.  It is soothing and easy on puppy stomachs and the rice helps push things through.  Be sure to provide plenty of water.  Give her some time to settle.  Everything is going to be new to her and that may make her anxious, which can lead to stomach issues.  

I hope this helps you some.  If you have other questions or concerns about this, please feel free to ask me.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.