Poodles/pooping problems

I have a black miniature poodle and he has a problem with pooping,the poop only comes out half way. It trimmed his behind and he was able too go and in a week the same thing happened again.

Hello Maxwell,
Sounds like your dog is somehow ingesting something like dog hair or grass that is stringing his poo together and causing it to hang.  You might see if you can get some gloves and try to gently pull at the poo to see if it will go ahead and drop out.  If it does, just observe to make sure he goes on to have a full healthy poo.  If not, you may need to see your Vet.  Your dog could have a foreign object lodged somewhere in his body that won't be poo-ed out.  

I hope this helps some.  If you have further questions about this, please feel free to ask me more.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.