Poodles/Toy poodle color

I bought a toy poodle puppy.  He will be coming home on June 1.  The breeder thinks he will be apricot color.  So far from the pictures I have seen he is a cream color with a little gold/beige on his ears and back.  Will he eventually change to apricot?  Mother is AKC white, father is AKC black.  He is now 8 weeks old.

Hello Diana,
This puppy is Cream, not Apricot.  He should not darken, but will probably lose the golden color on his head.  Black and White typically produce Black, White and Cream colored puppies, but won't produce Apricot unless there is a lot of Apricot in the background of both dogs.
You could try to get a replacement puppy, but this one won't turn Apricot.  Sorry.  

I hope this helps you some.  If you have other questions for me about this or other Poodle questions in general, Please feel free to ask me.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.