Poodles/poodle nose and tail

do poodles have a short nose and are poodles tails curled like a pig

Hello Cami,
If you were to shave a Poodle from head to tail so they don't have any hair left, you would basically have a Doberman in body structure and shape. Poodles have a long nose with a narrow head. They have deep chests (more defined on a Standard Poodle), square bodies and nicely angled legs. Most people dock a Poodle's tail. This was for when a Poodle hunted. A long tail would collect leaves and stickers. If left un-docked, a Poodles Tail will curl. Its not quite a curly Q tail like a pig, but it will sometimes take on a sickle shape or a question mark (?) shape.
You might find a shorter muzzle on a Toy Poodle vs a Standard Poodle but if you were to measure the Toy Poodle to its standard, you would find that everything is in proportion.
I hope I have answered your question.  
If you have other questions about this or other questions in general, Please feel free to ask me.

Thanks for using

Kim Wingate.

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.