I have a miniature poodle, Rocky, who will be 13yrs old this year and has been having diarrhea for the last week or so. He drinks water and eats some but not a lot. He has trouble seeing some times and can't hear all the time. He is very fragile right now and I am worried for him cause he won't stop having diarrhea and has to go outside every two hours and sometimes cant wait and it just comes out. Please help me and what I can do to help my precious Rocky out!!!

Hello Laura,
I am sorry for the delay in answering your question. When you have a dog with diarrhea, you can feed them raw pumpkin to help firm them up.  For a Miniature Poodle, I would start with a cup and if you want to sprinkle a little food in to encourage him to eat, that might help, but most dogs will eat the pumpkin up easy.  Use the pumpkin (you can even use the off brand and its cheaper) until your dogs stools start looking firm.  You can then slowly get them back to their normal food.  Add more of their kibble and less of the pumpkin.  

If you need other help or have other questions about this, please feel free to ask.  

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.