Poodles/breeding and colors

I have an apricot female goldendoodle and am looking do breed her to a parti chocolate and white.  Would this be a good choice

Hello Melissa,
If you are asking if its OK to breed your dog to a Parti Standard Poodle, then the answer is Yes, its ok as long as you know that your dog and the dog you choose is healthy and ready to produce puppies.  If you are asking due to color and what to expect if you breed your GoldenDoodle to this Parti Brown and White, I can't tell you exactly without knowing what is behind your dog color wise and behind the other dog. In Poodles, the dominate color is Black, so if you have dogs in the dogs background that are Black, you can expect Black puppies.  However, Apricot colors dominate the Golden Retriever background so if Apricot is behind the Poodles, you could expect Apricot or Cream colored puppies. Brown is a Recessive Gene so you would have a lower chance of getting Brown or Brown and White colored puppies.  The same can be said for the Parti Gene. The chances of you getting Parti colored puppies would be slim. Your chances would be better if there are Parti dogs behind the Brown and White Parti, but since there are probably only Solid colored dogs behind your GoldenDoodle, it would be hard to say the percentages. If you can find out what is behind your dog, Parents/Grandparents/Great-Grandparents and behind the Brown and White Stud, I would have a better idea of what color puppies to expect.
No matter what you choose, be sure that your dog is Health Tested and Vet Checked prior to breeding and you should be sure that your dog is 2 or older.  It would also be wise to see if the owners of the male would also get a check, so that nothing is passed from the male to your female.
Its also a good idea to have the owners of the male sign a contract that says that if anything were to happen to your dog due to the breeding or if the breeding didn't take, you can either get a refund (if payments were made) or a repeat breeding.  

I hope this helps you some. If you have other questions about this or other Poodle questions or concerns in general, please feel free to contact me again.

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.