Poodles/lump close by nipple

it was small and now its a little bigger than an egg and it's hard,I was thinking tumor but wasn't sure she is female and I have let her skip 2 times going into heat I bred her for awhile it looks purple to look at .

Hello Vicki,
I have to say that since I can't see the lump,  I can't say exactly what it is. I can, however say that we had a female that had the same type of lump:in the area around her nipple and it turned out to be a tumor.  We had the vet remove it but she got other smaller ones.  These mammary tumors can be common in some dogs and other dogs never have them.  They are more common in un-spayed females, but spayed dogs can get them also.  If the tumor seems to be getting larger you might want your vets opinion on this because these tumors can keep growing.  They can inhibit walking and make it uncomfortable to lay down when they get large enough and they can also break open and cause blood loss.

I hope this helps you some. If you have other questions about this or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for using,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.