Poodles/Toy Poodle Pregnant w/flees

Question
I read that bath is OK. If I give her bath two weeks after to kill hatching eggs, is that OK? I don't want her or puppies to get heart worm?

Answer
Hello Margaret,
A Flea egg cycle is around 2 weeks, so if you bathe your dog once a week you should kill the hatching fleas on her. Dawn Dish Soap works good for killing fleas. You don't want to use flea shampoo or anything with poison in it until the puppies are born.
You might even ask your Vet if the flea treatment would hurt the puppies after they are born, because the puppies will need to nurse on the female.

I hope this helps you some. If you have other questions or concerns about this, please feel free to ask.
Thanks for using AllExperts.com,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate