Poodles/THROWING UP

Question
My 6 year old Standard Poodle throws up all the time.  Fifteen vets later, he's been prescribed Royal Canin, Venison, wet and dry, and two Zantac tabs a day (75 mil each).  He refuses to eat most of the time.  He throws up constantly -- it used to be 3 or 4 times a month.  Now it's once every two weeks.  The last month,  it's been neon yellow bile and not food.  A week ago I started him on on 1/2 pill, every other day, of Mirtazapine.  His appetite is very good when he's on it, but he's still throwing up bile.  I've had all kinds of tests done, including Addisons and Cushings, etc.  Can't find anything wrong.  Not knowing what to say, the vet said it's ulcers.  I just don't think that's what it is, since he's throwing up even though he's on Zantac.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello Jeanette,
I have looked all over the net and haven't found anything that sounds like what your dog has, other than Cushing's Disease. I would check into Holistic Vets and see what they have to offer. They can help you with Herbs or Supplements that may ease symptoms or help to correct his problem. I would search Holistic Vets in your area and when you find someone, let them know that you have been to many traditional Vets with no answers. Ask for a consultation first to see if they think there is anything they can do before they see your dog. NO need to seek their help if they don't think there is anything they can do.

I hope this helps and I am sorry I can't offer any more help with this. I did try.

If you have other questions about this or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask me.
Thanks for using AllExperts.com,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate