Poodles/toy poodle colour

Question
toy poodle
toy poodle  

toy poodle 2
toy poodle 2  
Hi there, Sonia here.
Hope you'll be able to advise me on this query I have.
:)

Attached images - do these puppies look like they would grow to be more on the cream side, or red...hard to say?

4 weeks old today.

Parents' photo attached too.

Thank you and kind regards.

Answer
Hello Sonia,
Let me start off by saying that those puppies are Totally Adoreable and the one in the middle with the darker nose (I think I see three pups anyway, that first puppy looks like its hiding its head behind its brother/sister) has the sweetest expression.
Upon reviewing the pictures, it looks like your puppies are going to be a light Apricot or dark Cream. Red and Cream colored dogs should have black eye rims, noses and lips. The Apricot color can have the liver points although Black is preferred, however it is frowned upon in most Poodle circles (and also by the AKC). Also, since your Male is White, he will carry the fading gene (all colors carry the fading gene unless they are Black or True White) and that will cause your puppies to fade as they age. Their color will continue to lighten until they reach 2-3, then the fading will slow down but they will still lighten some due to the aging process.

Check out this website to help you better understand the colors, with descriptions and pictures.
http://www.le-poodles-guide.com/poodle-colors.html

I hope this helps you some. If you have other questions about colors or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks for using AllExperts.com,
Kim

Poodles

Kim Wingate