5 month old toy poodle just started walking sideways like he was going to fall over

Hello Margaret,
Sorry to hear about your puppy. Sounds like it could be either an inner ear problem or a neurological problem. I suggest that you get a Vets opinion about this. If its an inner ear problem, there are things that can be done to reverse this, however, if its neurological, chances are that it won't get better. You might also let your puppy's breeder know what is going on, so that if this is a problem that can't be fixed that you can get a refund or replacement puppy.

I hope this helps you some. If you have other questions about this or other Poodle questions in general, please feel free to ask me.
Thanks for using AllExperts.com,

Kim Wingate

I can answer general questions about Poodles. My specific area of expertise is Standard Poodles, but I will answer all questions about Poodles and dog related questions if I can. If I can't answer your question, I will be able to find information or someone who can.

I am a Dog Groomer and Dog Trainer, who has raised Standard Poodles for over 25 years. I can answer Housebreaking questions, Obedience/Training questions, Grooming questions, Breeding questions, and General Dog questions. I can also give SUGGESTIONS about general Health questions, but as I am not a Certified Vet, I cannot and will not diagnose illnesses. If you think that your dog is seriously ill, please contact your own Vet.

I am a member of the American Kennel Club.

I have worked at several Pet stores in my area, worked for a year as a Vet Tech, was an apprentice for a Dog Trainer, and have also worked at a Grooming/Showing kennel for several months. I have also raised, shown, currently train, and groom my own Standard Poodles, and have for over 25 years.