Pool/Billiards/Wobbly Balls!

Art wrote at 2015-01-31 18:04:28
I've had the 8 pro (8.5 ft) Olhausen pool table and Aramith premium balls for 7 1/2 years. My pool balls wobble when they come to a stop. I was told it would get better as the felt broke in. Never happened. I recently replaced the felt and the balls still wobble. I talked to many experts regarding this problem and they all seem to know why this occurs but all have been wrong. If it's the felt why don't the balls wobble on the Olhausen tables at the dealers store?  

Bill Newsted

I can answer questions related to shot-making, aiming, position play, strategies, practice, mental preparation and the psychology of the game. Also, rules as they vary from venue to venue and how to become a winning player. I have experience recovering and maintaining tables and will also answer questions related to cues and billiard equipment. However, I prefer not to make brand recommendations. I do not offer information identifying old tables and equipment or estimating their values.

I have played over forty years in every state in the US (except Alaska). My experience is largely in pool rooms but I have also played extensively on bar tables and in league organizations. I have directed numerous tournaments up to the professional level and have played several world champion players. I am a former Billiard Congress of America instructor.

B.S. in Visual Communication M.A. in Education: Career and Technology Education