Pool/Billiards/14.1 Spotting balls

Hi again, When a player makes the break ball without hitting the racked balls and scratches on that shot, does the made ball spot on the foot spot, frozen to the other balls, or on line behind the racked balls. Thanks again for your help.  Straight pool is still the best of all games.

Hi again Chase.

It gets placed at the apex of the rack--often players pull out the the triangle and re-rack to make it a complete and tight 15 ball rack without futzing with trying to snug it up on the already racked 14 balls.

Best regards,

Pool Teacher

I have wide ranging knowledge of all the cue sports, with the exception of snooker. I can answer most questions related to playing any of the standard games such as straight pool (14.1 continuous) eight-ball, nine-ball, one-pocket and 3-cushion billiards and the variations on these games. Questions welcomed regarding technique, strategy and rules, history of the sport, trick shots, the mental game, practice, practice drills, pool/billiards publications, and so on. I DO NOT DO CUE OR TABLE APPRAISALS OR IDENTIFICATION. See below.

I have been a dedicated player of pool and 3-cushion Billiards for many years. I have given lessons professionally and have run and participated in too many tournaments to name, including professional events such as the U.S. Open. I am also a cue collector and student of all aspects of the game. Note: I was starting to get far too many questions about pool cue (and pool table) valuation and identification and will no longer take these questions, sorry. I am a player and historian of the sport and the heart of my expertise is not product comparison or appraisal.