Pool/Billiards/cue value

I am trying in vain to find the value of my Helmstetter pool cue. I have found a picture identifying it has an early 1990's 97 series #14 (97-14), specifically from a poster dated 1992. I'd like to get an approximate value before I walk into a pool room trying to sell it. I have owned it since the mid to late 1990's, I am the only owner of the cue and it has not been used for more than fifteen to thirty hours… total. It was purchased as a back up/ break cue for my Schon which was much more to my liking at the time and the cue has been kept in its case in a climate controlled home, nearly without moving, for over 12 years. The Schon was sold many years ago. The condition of the Helmstetter is immaculate. Perhaps a little chalk staining on the feral (forget the correct spelling) but that is it. I will be selling with it a two butt, four shaft Joe Porper's case, the value of which I'm unsure also. The case was purchased for approximately $150 in the same time frame as the cue and is in good to excellent condition also. What do you feel a fair value is to an individual and/or a retailer?

Since i cant actually feel and touch the cue and case ill assume there in perfect condition.. If i had to make a purchase pass id probably say 375-500 on the cue and the case  being a true porper and not a knock off 30.00 keeping in mind that helmstetter cues are a forgotten cue per say and few people even relate the name in a world of lucasi, predator, action etc...but good lick and have a good holiday season..

Michael DeWitt

I can answer any question pertaining to billiards tables indoor and outdoor plus bumper tables and other gaming equipment plus most questions pertaining to pool cue building and maintenance.

I have been in the billiards and gaming business for over 25 years, owned a pool room for 6 years, sold billiards and dart supplies for 5 years now I own a pool table manufacturing company in south florida where we specialize in custom indoor and ouitdoor pool tables.. I also own a custom pool cue copmpany known as Bizarro Custom Cues so as an expert I fill many voids in the world of billiards and gaming..

2 years college, us merchant marine boat captain, army seargent, trained in scuba diving, parachuting, aircraft pilots license single engine land..

My client list is very extensive but consists of.. many celebrities, major motel, hotel chains and the us government as we are aalso a government contractor for gaming equipment.