Pool/Billiards/Eight Ball question

Question
QUESTION: Player A breaks and makes two solid and one striped ball. Player A misses his shot so table is still "open". Player B attempts a shot and misses. Player A makes another solid ball and on the same shot the eight ball is accidentally pocketed. This, in theory, results in a loss of game for Player A. However, I am unsure what score should be marked for each player since no one has called a ball and made it to decide whether they are solids or stripes?

One thought was that the game should be replayed.

I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

ANSWER: Although there were balls shot most rules and in general the game does not legally begin until a ball has been chosen and legally pocketed..Her though when player a made the 8 out of turn it should be the same as his first time at the table..What if ??  you broke and made the 8 on the break 2 solids and a stripe what would the score be..?  10-0  my answer is player b wins 10-0  iN THEORY IF NO BALLS WERE SELECTED THE GAME ENDED WITH THE SINKING OF THE 8 BALL AND PLAYER B SHOULD GET THE GAME POINTS AND PLAYER A SHOULD GET THE LOSS WITH 0 POINTS...BECAUSE NEITHER BALL WAS POCKET LEGALLY FOR PLAYER A.. THE GAME SHOULD NOT BE REPLAYED..

QUESTION: First of all, thank you for your response. I really appreciate you taking the time.

I would like to separate and analyze the two events on their own first.

In our league, if you make the 8 ball plus 2 solids and a stripe on the break, Player A, who made the 8 ball, would have two options being: (a) bring up and spot the 8 ball and continue play with the table still being open or (b) re-break. Sinking the 8 ball on the break does not result in either a win or a loss.

Separately, if Player A scratches on the break, Player B would get ball in hand from the kitchen and have the option of (a) playing the balls as they lay with the table still being open or (b) re-racking and breaking himself.  

So, if both happened together on the break, it follows that Player B would get ball in hand from the kitchen and have the option of (a) spotting the 8 ball and playing the balls as they lay with the table still being open or (b) re-racking and breaking.

Using the concept of looking at what would have happened had it been Player A's first time at the table to decide what should be done, does it then follow that Player B would get ball in hand and have the option of (a) spotting the 8 ball and playing the balls as they lay with the table still being open or (b) re-racking and breaking? Since Player A's scratch was not on his first approach to the table, Player B would get ball in hand from anywhere on the table rather than from the kitchen.

Am I on the right track?

Answer
First are we trying to rewrite , modify, or change the rules here or are we just looking for what should be done..there are seven sanctioning bodies out there that make rules for league play so first we must start with what rules you currently play under...vnea, apa, bca etc... all have different approaches to these exact rules... so i dont know anybody that can just come up with a ruling like you want.. but i will try to analize what you are lookin for..

your first :  player makes any number of balls on the break and the 8 ball all balls come up and the table is re racked and the opposite opponent has the option of breaking or rebreaking this is being used by vnea on coin tables..where the 8 on the break dont win or loose...in tournament play only..

read this again...ANSWER: Although there were balls shot most rules and in general the game does not legally begin until a ball has been chosen and legally pocketed..Her though when player a made the 8 out of turn it should be the same as his first time at the table..What if ??  you broke and made the 8 on the break 2 solids and a stripe what would the score be..?  10-0  my answer is player b wins 10-0  iN THEORY IF NO BALLS WERE SELECTED THE GAME ENDED WITH THE SINKING OF THE 8 BALL AND PLAYER B SHOULD GET THE GAME POINTS AND PLAYER A SHOULD GET THE LOSS WITH 0 POINTS...BECAUSE NEITHER BALL WAS POCKET LEGALLY FOR PLAYER A.. THE GAME SHOULD NOT BE REPLAYED..  

Pool/Billiards

Michael DeWitt