Pool/Billiards/Push shot, bad play from behind head string and Combo question

Andrew wrote at 2012-11-15 22:38:58
Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated. A few last questions, does bad play behind the head string in straight pool only apply on a foul break? Bearing in mind all my questions are BCA/WPA rules. What happens also if you do hit tge rail before the rack on a break? What does the opponent get the option of?

Finally, last 2 questions, if you pot your called ball in the called pocket and every ball including opponents ball enters that pocket and different pockets do you play on if just the 8 ball is left? And last question, if you are breaking what happens if you place the cue ball in front of the headstring on the break?

Thank you :)

Andrew wrote at 2012-11-18 01:14:46
Thank you for your answer, very helpful and so pleased to have people on here with great knowledge on the topic!

Dan Werner

All aspects of the game, strategy, runs, etc. Main focus is 8ball, 9ball, and straight pool. Pattern Play, 2-way shots, kicks, banks, throws, trick shots, shot selection, caroms, league play, safety play, and more. Don't ask me about cue's, manufacturers, how much a table is worth, etc. I just don't know.

20 years playing pool

BCA, APA, and past amateur leagues/tours

Bachelors in Business Administration/Marketing