Pool/Billiards/Straight pool questions

If cue ball needs to be spotted on the headspot after a rack of straight pool for another rack, does the cue ball actually lie directly in the middle of the headspot? Wouldnt this be illegal when breaking on or below the headstring? When cue ball is placed on the headspot, can the player move it anywhere behind the headstring or has he got to play it on the headspot?

2. When all legal object balls are behind headstring, is the object ball you want spotted, spotted on the foot spot?

Thank you :)

1.  After the initial break, nothing else is a break shot where it would matter where the cueball is.  And you can shoot at ANY ball regardless of where it is.

2.  object balls are spotted on the foot spot.  If it is "in the rack" at the end, then it is spotted on the headspot.
Hope that helps!  

Dan Werner

All aspects of the game, strategy, runs, etc. Main focus is 8ball, 9ball, and straight pool. Pattern Play, 2-way shots, kicks, banks, throws, trick shots, shot selection, caroms, league play, safety play, and more. Don't ask me about cue's, manufacturers, how much a table is worth, etc. I just don't know.

20 years playing pool

BCA, APA, and past amateur leagues/tours

Bachelors in Business Administration/Marketing