Pool/Billiards/Replacing Rails

Question
GUM RAILS

Question. ONE:I have three of my rails on my table that are dead and it is about 6 six years old. I play a couple hours a day on my table.
I understand That there is 3 Grades/Types of table rails.
How do I identify the best rails (100% gum) on the market and is the German rails the best rails out there. I want to get the best rails that i can get. I measured my tables and they were
1 1/8 from top to edge. So I believe they are K-66 rails. How do I pick an installer for my 6 rails.

Question. Two Can I convert my table from 6 rails to 4 rails so yht long rails are one piece? And is that practical?

I have an 8foot Classic Billiards
Bay City, Mich.

(1 1/8) inch  from top to edge. So I believe they are K-66 rails. How do I pick an installer for my 6 rails.

Question. Two Can I convert my table from 6 rails to 4 rails so the long rails are one piece? And is that practical?

I have an 8-foot Classic Billiards, Bay City, Mich.

Answer
Rails:

Everybody has their ideas on rails.. but i have found that the Championship pro tour edition is a two part rubber rail that is in my book superior to the rest, now im not really sure what you mean when you say convert to a different system or 3 rails or whatever.. but you should replace your rails with these and never experience a problem again...Look for an installer that is familiar with replacing rail rubber and facings call around and demand the Championship and be sure thats what is put on.. these are not cheap so some installers may try to talk you out of them or figure you wont know once the cloth is on...so insist they will be a dark red clay color and the very tips will be a different color..... and will be marked "Pro Tour".. good luck

Pool/Billiards

Michael DeWitt