Pool/Billiards/Leveling slate

How would I go about leveling the slates on an 8 foot table? Do the screws go in first and then I try to level it or do I try and level all three pieces without the screws in and then put them in once I find the slates level and even with each other? Also is there a way to level it short of purchasing a machinists level?

using a standard 4 foot level level the center piece first in all directions put the screws in and snug them up the loosen them each to obtain a level then follow by leveling the two outer pieces to the center slate..using the level in all directions..then if you have a long straitedge is what i use check for the level of all pieces togather..pretty simple

Michael DeWitt

I can answer any question pertaining to billiards tables indoor and outdoor plus bumper tables and other gaming equipment plus most questions pertaining to pool cue building and maintenance.

I have been in the billiards and gaming business for over 25 years, owned a pool room for 6 years, sold billiards and dart supplies for 5 years now I own a pool table manufacturing company in south florida where we specialize in custom indoor and ouitdoor pool tables.. I also own a custom pool cue copmpany known as Bizarro Custom Cues so as an expert I fill many voids in the world of billiards and gaming..

2 years college, us merchant marine boat captain, army seargent, trained in scuba diving, parachuting, aircraft pilots license single engine land..

My client list is very extensive but consists of.. many celebrities, major motel, hotel chains and the us government as we are aalso a government contractor for gaming equipment.