Pool/Billiards/Pool Table Value

Question
I have a Narragansett from the 1908-1909 Brunswick-Balke-Collender Co., catalog, page 16.

Manufactured under 18 construction patents awarded from 1892 - 1905.

It has been handed down through the family. Just had new felt leather pockets installed. The table is in great shape. There are the numbers 1524 stamped on the underneath. Any idea the current ball park value? Thanks for your time. http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/antique_tables/narragansett.h

Answer
value:

heres what you should know is first there are many ideas of what this is worth but the market is so vast that a value cant be placed on this like a used car.. There are a bunch of variables here meaning you must first establish a market then you must isolate those who might be interested than you must isolate the ones that may be buyers then talk with the buyer as to what they are willing to pay..the value as stated could be between 5k and 20k or anywhere in between...there are many websites out there that may be able to establish a value as they would be selling this and as far as value for insurance purposes most insurances will only accept a sight value of the exact product and create a policy based on potential loss not values so there are many avenues.. I would try to find one on the many sites showing these types of tables for sale and attempt to assess your value based on comparisin..I have personally seen old brunswick tables that I thought were worth 25k sell for 6k and then Ive seen just the opposite seen ones that I would value at 10k sell for 50k so unless you have a comparitor theres no real way of developing a real value except what someone will pay...

mike

Pool/Billiards

Michael DeWitt