Pool/Billiards/race to three in 9 ball

I would like to know what race to three is in BCA rules in 9 ball. I have been reading up on all the rules on 9 ball but I do not know what race to three means. Please tell me.
thank you

race:   well a race to any number in any game of pool has always meant the first player to aquire 3 games before the opponent wins the match... just as a race to 9, 11 etc very common game practice..the match could possibly go to 5 games with one winner of 3 games, wins the match...

Michael DeWitt

I can answer any question pertaining to billiards tables indoor and outdoor plus bumper tables and other gaming equipment plus most questions pertaining to pool cue building and maintenance.

I have been in the billiards and gaming business for over 25 years, owned a pool room for 6 years, sold billiards and dart supplies for 5 years now I own a pool table manufacturing company in south florida where we specialize in custom indoor and ouitdoor pool tables.. I also own a custom pool cue copmpany known as Bizarro Custom Cues so as an expert I fill many voids in the world of billiards and gaming..

2 years college, us merchant marine boat captain, army seargent, trained in scuba diving, parachuting, aircraft pilots license single engine land..

My client list is very extensive but consists of.. many celebrities, major motel, hotel chains and the us government as we are aalso a government contractor for gaming equipment.