Pool/Billiards/rules on a shot

My cue ball hits the object ball as it was called ( 9 ball in corner pocket down table ) as the object ball traveled, it hit the rail about 1/4 away from desired pocket, then dropped in pocket called. My opponent says I am suppossed to call the rail on object ball?? Please verify, I will admit if I am wrong

Never heard that one.. thats kind of a different way to play pool I would have to call every shot clean in pocket no rail !!!  i have to say no thats a litle off the wall..in almost every case ball in pocket is sufficient unless you are playing bar type pool and you have to call a kiss off another ball or a double kiss or a bank but this is definitly a no for me ...

Michael DeWitt

I can answer any question pertaining to billiards tables indoor and outdoor plus bumper tables and other gaming equipment plus most questions pertaining to pool cue building and maintenance.

I have been in the billiards and gaming business for over 25 years, owned a pool room for 6 years, sold billiards and dart supplies for 5 years now I own a pool table manufacturing company in south florida where we specialize in custom indoor and ouitdoor pool tables.. I also own a custom pool cue copmpany known as Bizarro Custom Cues so as an expert I fill many voids in the world of billiards and gaming..

2 years college, us merchant marine boat captain, army seargent, trained in scuba diving, parachuting, aircraft pilots license single engine land..

My client list is very extensive but consists of.. many celebrities, major motel, hotel chains and the us government as we are aalso a government contractor for gaming equipment.