Pool/Billiards/Vintage pool cue no markings

Question
Hello sir, I have been playing poole for about ten years now as a hobby.

An old friend of mine sold me his poole cue and I am trying to identify it and was wondering if you could help me.  I believe he told me the cue was made in the 1970s.  If I may describe it to you, I would love to find out a little more about it.  I cannot find a single marking on it anywhere, even in the joint areas and in the butt.  It is a heavy cue, in a rectangular shaped black box with two silver latches and a lunchbox looking handle with two silver colored rectangular bases for the handle.  The base of the cue is a creamy colored material that almost looks like a polished stone of some sort?  That is about an inch long,  there is a stripe around that creamy part about 3/4 of the way up it, the stripe is two thin gold bands with a reddish pinkish stone texture between the two thin gold strips.  Moving up the cue, there is about 3 inches of a dark brown wood, then the grip is a yellowish brownish fabric with what resemble a pattern like you would see on a zebra or a seismograph.  The grip fabric portion is about a foot long.  After that, more of the same dark wood, then the joint is about a half an inch of black then around an inch of gold looking material.  The screws are very thick.  The top part looks pretty standard, creamy colored wood with another black stripe around the bottom.  The inside of the case is padded with an almost primary red.  

If there is anyway you might shed some light on this object I would be much appreciative.  It is in great condition, the man i bought it from told me he was its only owner and only used it a handful of times, and I have only used it once to test it when I bought it.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question,

Jonathan M

Answer
Hi Jonathan.

This site allows people to post photographs. Can you do that? With many cellphones you can take a relatively high quality photo and transfer it to your computer directly or by email. With a picture I might possibly be able to start, but with just a description I cannot even begin.  

There are thousands and thousands of no-name cues out there that no one could identify even if they had it in their hands. The details of the wrap and variations with unidentified materials do not paint a picture I can use (the case detail has little value as these were common as dirt, though I applaud the effort in describing it), and the cue details that you have described resemble any number of cues one sees (whether the joint is brass, steel or something else is a somewhat telling detail you did not mention, but still not nearly enough here). Even if I couldn't identify it, I would have much more to go on seeing it, though it's most likely that since it's unmarked it's one of a legion of generic cue makes, and without hallmarks that scream Paradise or Balabushka, etc. it will remain a mystery.  

Best regards,

Pool Teacher

Pool/Billiards

Pool_Teacher