Pool/Billiards/Brunswick "Baby Grand" carom table

Baby Grand
Baby Grand  

Baby Grand
Baby Grand  
       Purchased 7 ft. carom table years ago without any idea of worth.Have researched to discover this is Brunswick-Balke-Collender "Baby Grand" made between 1913-1917.Table is in good condition with minor veneer damage on one leg, and one end and one side rail cap wood missing.Has pull-out drawer original head string and even couple original cues.Would like to know true value and any resource for sale other than E-bay.

well heres my thoughts.. When we wvaluate anything old we must first establish a market then look at the condition and the amount of cash or sweat equity it needs to become saleable..
The old table looks prety solid and might need some professional wood refinishing to bring out the valus... The fact that its a carom table probably dont hurt the value but it surly limits the number of buyers or looks like the veneers are pretty cool and hopefully they are repairable as these are important to many buyers...replacement of any wood conponents will have to be done in a professional way that the woods match pretty close and does also the finish..I would say that the value could surpass 12-15k done right maybe more if you find a carom or billiards player that has a hankering for a 7 foot table...As is the table may bring 5k on e-bay to a looker but remember it will have to be shipped somewhere in most cases... thats about all I can give you I hope you sucess in finding a home for this old piece of history..

Michael DeWitt

I can answer any question pertaining to billiards tables indoor and outdoor plus bumper tables and other gaming equipment plus most questions pertaining to pool cue building and maintenance.

I have been in the billiards and gaming business for over 25 years, owned a pool room for 6 years, sold billiards and dart supplies for 5 years now I own a pool table manufacturing company in south florida where we specialize in custom indoor and ouitdoor pool tables.. I also own a custom pool cue copmpany known as Bizarro Custom Cues so as an expert I fill many voids in the world of billiards and gaming..

2 years college, us merchant marine boat captain, army seargent, trained in scuba diving, parachuting, aircraft pilots license single engine land..

My client list is very extensive but consists of.. many celebrities, major motel, hotel chains and the us government as we are aalso a government contractor for gaming equipment.