Pool/Billiards/Shaft size

Question
Years ago I bought a Meucci 333-5 new.  Long story short, I subsequently broke the butt beyond repair.  I have been using the shaft from this cue off and on ever since, almost exclusively for the past year.  The shaft is dead straight and has been taken care of meticulously.

1.  Can you give me any specifics on the shaft specs?  

2.  May sound silly, but it's been my favorite shaft over the last 20 years, and has been used on no less than three cues I've bought since then.  Can an original replacement be purchased?  If not, what would be a good replacement shaft for it?

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to your answers.

Answer
I would have to say that your answer would lie at meuccicues.com or budgetcues.com these are both meucci websites that would be of great information for you... most meucci cues use a similar shaft with a similar ferrule and of course the joint rings would match the cue you intended to put the shaft on.. so I would say your best answer will be at meucci..Although I can explain how a tapered cue shaft is measured..

total length of the cue is shaft say is 29 inchs make a measurment every inch starting at the tip measure diameter of the shaft with a caliper or micrometer you should have approx 28 measurements this is the true taper of your shaft most cue makers with proper cnc equipment should be able to duplicate this shaft taper and size perfectly using this method..

Mike

Pool/Billiards

Michael DeWitt