Pool/Billiards/quesitons about brunswick limited ix

Question
I have found a Brunswick limited ix and can't find a whole lot of information on it.  What I have found is that it was a top of the line pool table in the late 60's early 70's.  Since it was considered a top of the line pool table back then I would figure there would be more on the internet about it.  Is there a reason there is not much information about it. I have never owned a pool table and am looking to get one and am wondering if this is a good table?  It is a 9' foot table and it comes with the cue stick rack that originally come with it.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Danny,

Yes, the Limited IX was a top quality table, as good as Brunswick made for tables designed for home use. Back in 1976 the table and cue rack retailed for $3,500. The table featured matched, registered, and doweled slate. Sales information from Brunswick described it as follows; "The ultimate in a luxurious home billiard table. Solid pecan with fruitwood finish, hand rubbed to perfection. Padded black cowhide leather covered rails and black leather pockets add to the overall elegance".

In good condition, or restored condition the table should play as well as any Brunswick. I can't comment on why there isn't more about them on the net. Jackie Gleason had one in his home. I answered some questions about it in another post. You can see my comments and a photo of Jackie's beautiful setup at:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pool-Billiards-2283/2012/4/brunswick-pool-table-1.htm

I have sales information and assembly instructions for that table if you want them.

Play well and enjoy,

Bill

Pool/Billiards

Bill Newsted