Pool/Billiards/straight game pool

hello . A question that's been bothering me for some time now . Where I live there is this pool room . So we are having a straight game pool league . One of the players dropped six of his stripe balls and had one last ball to drop before he could drop the black to win . So he putts his last stripe ball in and drops the black ball after that . All this happened in one shot . Does he win the game

Hey Calvin.

Not in official rules. The eight ball must be pocketed on a separate shot from the one in which you sink your last ball (and you lose the game if you do so). This is reflected in most authoritative rule sets. Here's the rule from the best, most nuanced rules there are - The Official Rules of the Billiard Congress of America Pool League:

2-10   Loss of Game
"You lose the game if:
 *  *  *
 c. you pocket the 8-ball on the same shot as the last ball of your group..."

Best regards,

Pool Teacher

I have wide ranging knowledge of all the cue sports, with the exception of snooker. I can answer most questions related to playing any of the standard games such as straight pool (14.1 continuous) eight-ball, nine-ball, one-pocket and 3-cushion billiards and the variations on these games. Questions welcomed regarding technique, strategy and rules, history of the sport, trick shots, the mental game, practice, practice drills, pool/billiards publications, and so on. I DO NOT DO CUE OR TABLE APPRAISALS OR IDENTIFICATION. See below.

I have been a dedicated player of pool and 3-cushion Billiards for many years. I have given lessons professionally and have run and participated in too many tournaments to name, including professional events such as the U.S. Open. I am also a cue collector and student of all aspects of the game. Note: I was starting to get far too many questions about pool cue (and pool table) valuation and identification and will no longer take these questions, sorry. I am a player and historian of the sport and the heart of my expertise is not product comparison or appraisal.