Pool/Billiards/pool table

QUESTION: i just got a new table and have no clue on how to put it together i have no screws to it and no felt yet i was wandering if you can use just any kind of screw to screw the slate and everything together?

ANSWER: Hi Richard,

There's nothing unusual about the screws used to assemble a table. Standard Phillips head screws, that's all.

If you describe the table I may have thoughts for you, or if you have a brand and model that could be helpful. How many pieces of slate? Is the slate backed with a wood frame?

Let me know if I can help you further.

QUESTION: its a 3 slate with a pressed plyborad backed up. also it is an american heritage with marble diamonds around it. looks like it cound be a possible 8 foot but i am not for sure yet.

Okay, although I have set up American Heritage tables before I'm not familiar with their whole line of tables. One model could be very much different from another. If you want, you can email me at bnewsted@yahoo.com. Send me a few photos of your parts and we can chat about it.

Bill Newsted

I can answer questions related to shot-making, aiming, position play, strategies, practice, mental preparation and the psychology of the game. Also, rules as they vary from venue to venue and how to become a winning player. I have experience recovering and maintaining tables and will also answer questions related to cues and billiard equipment. However, I prefer not to make brand recommendations. I do not offer information identifying old tables and equipment or estimating their values.

I have played over forty years in every state in the US (except Alaska). My experience is largely in pool rooms but I have also played extensively on bar tables and in league organizations. I have directed numerous tournaments up to the professional level and have played several world champion players. I am a former Billiard Congress of America instructor.

B.S. in Visual Communication M.A. in Education: Career and Technology Education